Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gathered Pillow

When I was in Portland last week I got to go fabric shopping by myself!   It was very exciting.  I had been wanting to go to a little store in NE Portland called BOLT.  It is an area called the"DIY District".  Lots of cool shops and really fun area to check out.  This is my stack of fabric I got.  I came home and my sister said "I thought you were going to come back with $100 worth of fabric?!" And while this isn't $100 worth {only $40 Darin, don't freak out!} splurging on the good stuff doesn't get you so much..  The top green is Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey which you'll get a better picture of in a minute.  The pink  has a awesome lime green damask on it and blue I don't know what they are but super cute, black polka dots~imagine that~ and the gray is Organic Bamboo jersey.  That was the one I'm most excited about because you just can't get that stuff here.  .  Here is my ruffled project for the day...
isn't that Nicey Jane so pretty?!
It didn't turn out exactly as I pictured and I know technically its gathered but its the same idea.  I'm trying to add more color in our house.  And I'm trying to be better about mixing up fabrics that aren't from the same line.  So while Ivy was taking a nap after her 3 hours of bliss at the park I whipped this up.  I think I would do the gathered section a bit smaller next time but overall I love the effect.  
Hopefully I can find something ruffly that I can take pictures of and post for tomorrow cuz I'm looking to be outside ALL day tomorrow.  80 degrees WHAT!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That is adorable! I love the different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails