Thursday, March 11, 2010

Women Who Create Books

Here is my Women Who Create book I got from the Relief Society dinner.  This was the best part (and most time consuming and rewarding) part of the evening.  We started three months ago and divided up the list of sisters among our "enrichment" committee.  We were to come up with five attributes about each person.  Now this was no small task since there are almost 150 sisters in our ward!  We had the list on a Google Document so we could all edit it at any time and then went to work.  It was so rewarding to find out who each person was (since I didn't know very many to start with) and the things that people thought was special about them.  This cute girl kept us on track and with a couple of days to spare we did it!  I hope everyone loved it because as much as it was hard work we loved doing it.   
So here's how we put our books together!
As soon as I saw this post on the House of 3 blog I knew that is what I was going for.  So I got the Monogram kit.  But I wasn't quite sure on a background. 
Our  sweet Celia made this amazing poster for advertizing. Didn't she do an amazing job? Those words in the back ground are from the "Happiness, Our Heritage" talk.    I had her send me the file of just the background and put it into Adobe Fireworks.  From there I made a sheet with 4 of each letter on it.  (Sorry no pictures of this process)  Then I counted how many of each letter we needed and printed them out.
 Here is just a sampling of all of the different letters.  I loved how each one is different.
Behind the cover we had this quote from President Uchtdorfs talk.
"Don’t let fear of failure discourage you. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you—whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside. You are a great power for good. You will make the world a better place. Lift up your chin; walk tall. God loves you."
D.F. Uchtdorf
The third page was the attributes page.  I know its blurry but its all I have to show you!
And after those pages were 4 blank pages for other people to write on.  The idea was to go around and write in others' books about what you admire about them.  
I'm so glad that everything worked out and we were able to have such a special evening.  And just like I promised HERE is the recipe for Lindsay's Asian Wonton Salad! 
Oh yeah and then to put the book together punch two holes in the top and tie with a strip of tulle!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. You guys did such an amazing job, from start to finish. The food, teh decorations and especially the books were awesome and I know it meant so much to the sisters. I wish I could have helped in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. our ward's birthday dinner was nice too. but the last two posts make me wish i was in your ward for that dinner! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great theme and the books are so cool. Im going to have to remember that and use it for one of our big RS meetings. I love those monogram letters.

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails