Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Pod Case (tutorial I tried)

I want to try something kind of new and do a Tutorial I Tried feature every week.  Sometimes I look at a tutorial and wonder if it really is easy or what someone else thinks so I thought I would kind of do a review type thing.  
First up?!
Here's how mine turned out.  The only thing I did different really was added a button and button hole to keep it closed.  I pieced together some scraps for the outside and used the polka dot for the lining.  
I think the best kind of easy tutorial is one that uses stuff that I already have.  If I have to go to the store to buy something than chances are it will take me a while or won't get done.  Because by the time I go and get the stuff, I've probably got something else I want to make!  
I like the case because it will protect that already scratched up screen on my i pod when I throw it in my bag.  I loved this, but will probably need to make some adjustments for our little camera( I think its too big).  The case took me about 15 minutes to make, after I picked out which fabric I wanted to use which always takes me FOREVER.  Super fast, and super easy.  And it is pretty cute if I do say so myself. ;)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea. I love the fabric you picked for it too, the mix of polka dots and flowers is so springy. I LOVE the ruffled zipper shoes from one of your previous posts as well. Those are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, yours turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, yours is great. I just saw the tutorial on sewmamasew's blog today and made one this afternoon. Yours makes me want to learn how to use the button hole feature on my machine.

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails